Nikon’s first FX format camera to feature high-definition movie recording offers photographers a whole new level of creative flexibility. The D3S features a highly sensitive 12.1 megapixel FX format CMOS sensor that boasts an ISO range of 200 to 12800. The D-movie function offers superior movie capture in stereo* sound and features a Save Selected frame option to speed up productivity.
Nikon’s acclaimed 51-point AF system offers high sensitivity in low-light and superb performance when tracking fast moving subjects. An advanced image sensor cleaning function reduces the impact of dust spots and three alternative crop modes enhance shooting flexibility. The EXPEED image processing engine and expansive buffer enables you to shoot up to 9 fps for extended bursts. Protected by a tough, environmentally-sealed magnesium alloy body, the D3S redraws the boundaries for professional action photography.
*Compatible stereo microphone required.
- 12.1 megapixel FX (full-frame) CMOS sensor with high signal-to-noise ratio, wide dynamic range and 12-channel readout.
- ISO 200 – 12800: extendable up to 102,400 (equivalent) with the Hi-3 setting and down to ISO 100 (equivalent) with the Lo-1 setting.
- 9fps consecutive shooting (11fps in DX Crop mode).
- D-Movie records high-definition (HD) movie clips in stereo sound (Compatible stereo microphone required). Features Edit start/stop and Save selected frame functions, as well as AF support in Tripod mode.
- Multi-CAM3500FX 51-point AF system: individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
- EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170-degree viewing angle.
- Three Crop Modes: DX format 5:4 ratio and 1.2x. The DX crop mode can be automatically enabled when a DX lens is attached.
- In-camera RAW processing saves time in post-production by enabling JPEG compression, Size, White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Picture Control, Noise Reduction, Color space and Vignette Control image settings to be applied to RAW (NEF) files in the camera.
- Quiet shooting mode: perfect for discrete photography, the sound of the camera’s mirror return mechanism is noticeably reduced.
- Highly accurate, durable Kevlar/carbon fibre-composite shutter unit: standard rating of 300, 000 cycles, with a maximum shutter speed of 1/8,000 sec and flash synchronization at up to 1/250 sec.
- HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
- Durable Magnesium alloy body built to withstand the rigors of the harshest of environments.
- Wireless LAN and Ethernet support via optional Wireless Transmitter WT-4.