Image via WikipediaLightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 are now available as Release Candidates on Adobe Labs. The ‘release candidate’ label is used to indicate that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is ready for a full release to end users. Adobe has said that the final releases of Lightroom 3.4 and Camera Raw 6.4 may have additional corrections or camera support.
New Camera Support
- Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5)
- Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50)
- Hasselblad H4D-40
- Olympus E-PL1s
- Olympus E-PL2
- Olympus XZ-1
- Samsung NX11
The following issues have been fixed in the Lightroom 3.4 release candidate:
- Lightroom encountered issues presenting double-byte character metadata after the image was edited on Photoshop.com.
- Publish collections did not work properly if the sort order is set to descending. ("Z to A").
- Using the up/down arrow keys or the mouse wheel to adjust a parameter while the graduated filter is activated caused increments of plus or minus 100 instead of 1.
- Interlacing artifacts, and a slight magenta cast in the deepest shadows could have appeared on some high-contrast edges of Canon mRaw files.
- A magenta color cast could have appeared on Nikon D7000 images if the multi-exposure feature was used with raw capture.
- Video files were allowed to be added to a SmugMug publish collection not capable of supporting video uploads.
- Folder creation caused an expanded folder hierarchy to close unexpectedly in the Library Module.
In addition, there is additional support for various lens profiles.
Lens Mount Lens Name
Canon Canon EF 28-70mm f/2.8 L USM
Canon Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Canon SIGMA 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM**
Canon TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3DiII VC PZD B008E
Leica Leica APO-MACRO-SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/120mm
Leica Leica SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/35mm ASPH
Leica Leica SUMMARIT-S 1:2.5/70 mm ASPH
Nikon Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Nikon Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon Nikon AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED
Nikon Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
Nikon SIGMA 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Nikon TAMRON 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3DiII VC PZD B008N
**These lens profiles were in the previous release but have been updated to address quality concerns.Camera Raw 6.4
Camera Raw plug-in provides easy access within Adobe Photoshop CS5 to the raw image formats produced by many leading professional and midrange digital cameras. For more information on the Camera Raw plug-in please visit the Camera Raw pages on Adobe.com.