The BJP has an interesting article on how photographers are increasingly turning to the iPad to bring their work to a wider audience. In particular, documentary photographers have struggled getting their work out there and they are the ones leading the charge into this new digital landscape.
Amongst those featured in the article are Kadir van Lohuizen, who is interested in migration and has travelled widely documenting the issues surrounding migration from South America to Gaza.
Certainly, the iPad lends itself well to self-publishing and the growth in publishers using it as a platform is evidence of that. Traditionally, documentary photographers would rely on editorial work for their 'bread and butter' and hope to get a book publishing deal and exhibitions to expand their audience and bring in some much-needed income. No-one really gets rich from documentary photography and it can be positively dangerous, even lethal.
With the economic woes that the publishing world is experiencing at the moment, its not been easy for even respected documentary photographers to get funding. If anything can help, its surely the iPad. Read the full article here: www.bjp-online.com
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
- High-resolution, high-contrast electronic viewfinder ...more
- Full HD MOVIE 1080/60i ...more
- Smart Photo Selector mode ensures you'll never miss those decisive moments ...more
- An optional mount adapter allows Nikon 1 cameras to be used with F mount NIKKOR lenses ...more
- Slow Motion Movie 400fps(640x240)/1,200fps(320x120) ...more
- Available in very iconic color represents design philosophy, solid black and white.
- The top face has a total of only three buttons, while the rear face features a simple mode dial ...more
- LCD monitor with crystal clear resolution. 3-inch LCD monitor with protection glass and a wide viewing angle.(approx. 920k-dot) ...more
- Short motion Creator, Easy-to-use movie editing software ...more
- 1 V1 Digital Camera + 10-30mm for £829 (inc. VAT)
- 1 V1 Digital Camera + 10mm for £879 (inc. VAT)
- 1 V1 Digital Camera + 10-30mm & 30-110mm for £979 (inc. VAT)
What comes after lockdown? Lockdown in the UK has been difficult for everyone, though for some it has been very difficult. As a trustee of a...
If you have read any of my previous blog posts you will know that I have accumulated quite a collection of old lenses. Probably my two favou...
The Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2008 showcases the work of the most talented emerging young photographers, photography studen...